Our program in assisted reproduction has been ongoing since April of 1993. Our Institute provides comprehensive services in all aspects of infertility and reproductive medicine in one convenient setting. Our aim is to bring hope to couples experiencing infertility. We utilize advanced state-of-the-art techniques to fulfill the dream of parenthood: successful pregnancies and healthy babies.
We specialize in new techniques to help couples achieve conception even in cases of unexplained infertility. Our goals are to:
- Enhance egg pick-up by the fallopian tube.
- Increase the likelihood of fertilization.
- Overcome all barriers to implantation.
- We were the first program in San Diego County to introduce immune therapy for reproductive failure, and the first program to introduce new advanced methods for micromanipulation in the IVF lab.
- Our clinical programs emphasize the recognition that subtle defects can impair fertility. We utilize a new generation of UltraPulse CO2 lasers to correct any pelvic abnormalities contributing to infertility. Our affiliated IVF lab is nationally recognized, both for its expertise, as well as for its innovations.
We have introduced a new fertility procedure, NEST, which stands for "Nonsurgical Embryonic Selective Thinning and Transfer". This program utilizes a special type of culture medium, which enhances the growth of the embryo. We attempt to grow the embryos an extra day in the laboratory to select out the best embryos for transfer or freezing. Finally, we assess each embryo for the possibility of hatching or thinning based on clinical criteria. The results of our first study were presented at the Pacific Coast Fertility Society meeting in April of 1997. We were pleased to report a clinical pregnancy rate in the first uselected group of patients of 80% compared with a pregnancy rate of 27% in the control group. Of these patients, all but one had ongoing pregnancies.
Blastocyst transfer represents a new advance in assisted reproduction. By transferring embryos at the blastocyst stage, we can increase the pregnancy rate and decrease the risk of high order multiple pregnancies.
Our goal is to meet with you and review your particular fertility problems and help you to develop a plan that will result in successful conception, pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby.